I’m in the middle of scripting a new series for Big Dog Ink right now (hint: it contains A LOT of monsters), so I have to be brief… but I wanted to give you all a few quick updates on things:
1) The TPB collections of both TALES OF MR. RHEE Volume 1: “Procreation (of the Wicked)” and THE LEGEND OF OZ: THE WICKED WEST Volume 4 are available at your local comic shops… so be sure to go pick-up copies (or have your shop order them for you) if you don’t have ‘em yet. In both books you’ll see me writing more long-form style stories, as opposed to the NIGHTMARE WORLD material and my story in DIA DE LOS MUERTOS. I’m very-much a “short story guy” at heart… but that’s not all I do and love, either, as evidenced by those two books… for starters.
2) According to Devil’s Due, most of the TALES OF MR. RHEE hardcovers have shipped, and they should all be delivered by the end of April. Huzzah! If you supported the Kickstarter and haven’t gotten your rewards by then, please e-mail me through this page and let me know.
3) Did I mention that I’m doing a new classic-monsters based book for Big Dog Ink? It’s going to be insanely awesome. Details soon on the fall launch.
4) TALES OF MR. RHEE Volume 2: “Karmageddon” is going to launch as a four-issue full color mini-series from Devil’s Due this summer… and Issue #1 features a cover by Eric (THE GOON) Powell, which sets my heart a flutter every time I see it.
5) My spring convention circuit has been updated a bit, and details can be found on the “Signing and Appearances” tab. I’ll be at C2E2 in Artist Alley Table H8 all weekend (and also be doing a mini WRITE OR WRONG panel with Buddy Scalera on Friday from 4 to 5!), then Packrat Comics (Hilliard, Ohio) for Free Comic Book Day, followed by Motor City Comic Con in Novi (May 16-18), Cherry Capital Comic Con in Traverse City, Michigan (May 23-25), and Indy Pop Con in Indianapolis (May 30-June 1). So, in other words, if you live in the Midwest, I expect to see you this spring, ya’ hear?
6) More WRITE OR WRONG material is currently happening behind the scenes… I promise! I’d like to have a second volume of the book out — which will contain at least a 50/50 split of new versus published-online material, put together by 2016… which isn’t nearly as far away as it sounds when your schedule looks like mine does.
So… that’s that! I hope you are all doing well and I look forward to seeing you on the road soon!
Your friend in comics,