Who is Dirk Manning?
Dirk Manning is the writer/creator of comic series such as the supernatural noir Tales of Mr. Rhee and the genre-bending horror anthology Nightmare World. More of Dirk’s comic work includes:
- Buried But Not Dead (Nominated for a Ringo Award as "Best Original Graphic Novel" of 2021)
- Twiztid Haunted High-Ons (Nominated for four Ringo Awards, including "Best Humor Comic" in 2020 and 2022)
- Butts in Seats: The Tony Schiavone Story (#1 Best-Selling Graphic Novel on Amazon)
- Love Stories (to Die For)
- The Adventures of Cthulhu Jr. & Friends
Now predominantly publishing with Source Point Press (where he also serves as Special Projects Manager), Dirk was an early adopter in using crowdfunding to launch pre-sales of his comics and graphic novels, with Dirk's work having raised over $400,000 and counting in pre-sales on Kickstarter alone.
Dirk is also the author of the inspirational/how-to column turned book series Write or Wrong: A Writer’s Guide to Creating Comics and has contributed several short stories to the RPG game series Clockwork: Dominion for Reliquary Game Studios. His screenplay writing credits include the YouTube horror series Blackbox TV episode “The Hunger” (directed by Drew Daywalt and featuring Bonnie Aarons and Jon Gries).
When not at his desk writing, touring on the comic convention circuit, and/or sampling his way across the best ice cream shops in the world, Dirk can be found online at www.DirkManning.com and on most social media platforms as @DirkManning.
He does not wear a top hat and scarf in real life.